Abstract Authors Guidelines
- Modifications of data or changes are not accepted after the reviewing process.
- If for any reason you have to cancel your presentation, please notify The Union as soon as possible by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
- If your abstract has been allocated to a specific session, please note that it will not be possible to change the date, time or type of the session.
- It is strongly recommended that authors bring their letter of acceptance containing information on the reference of their abstract, the title of their abstract, the type of session their abstract has been allocated to, the title of their session and the date and time of their presentation.
GUIDELINES FOR E-POSTER SESSIONS
We are piloting a new system of presenting posters in an electronic format. You must not create a paper poster, rather a short presentation of one single slide. You will be assigned three-poster monitors where your poster slide will be displayed.
Specific guidelines for E-Poster Presentations:
The time allocated to your presentation is about 5 minutes, including questions and answers.
One single slide created in PowerPoint, 16/9 format, landscape orientation is required. The presentation is to be saved under .pptx format for a better compatibility. The image files need to be inserted into the poster by using the PowerPoint Insert function.
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL ABSTRACT PRESENTATIONS AND ORAL POSTER PRESENTATION SESSIONS
- You must not prepare a paper poster
- We kindly ask you to ensure that the slides contain only a limited amount of information.
- Text should be large so as to be visible from the back of the room when projected.
- Presenting authors should go to the preview room at least two hours before the presentation time to upload their slides. Presentations cannot be brought to the presentation room on a USB drive.
- Immediately prior to your session, please go to the session room (about 10 minutes in advance) to introduce yourself to the session chairs, assure that your slides have been uploaded and discuss any questions you may have about the use of the presentation equipment.
- The chairs have been instructed to ensure that speakers keep strictly to time.
- The room will be equipped with a PowerPoint slide projector
Specific guidelines for Oral Abstract Presentations:
The time allocated to your presentation is about 10 minutes, including questions and answers.
Specific guidelines for Oral Poster Presentations:
The time allocated to your presentation is about 5 minutes, including questions and answers. We ask that you present a maximum of 3 slides (this does not include cover or acknowledgements).
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER DISCUSSION SESSIONS:
The presenting author must be present at her/his poster during the session, at which time the chair will visit the posters with the other authors and participants for a group discussion. The presenting author should be prepared to speak briefly about the poster and answer any questions about the information presented. Be sure to make a note of the date and time of your poster presentation. These details are provided in the confirmation letter.
This is an on-the-spot discussion; no facilities for overheads, slides, etc. are available. Authors are requested to post their abstracts on the boards for three days, from 30 October to 1 November. This will give participants the opportunity to visit the posters outside official session times.
Set-up: You may set up your poster as of 14:00 on Wednesday, 29 October 2014. If you are presenting on Thursday, 30 October 2014, please make sure that your abstract is posted before 10:15, at which time the session will start.
Take-down: All posters must be removed between 14:00 and 16:00 on Saturday, 1 November 2014.
Technical details for the preparation and display of your poster:
- Your size of the poster board is 95 cm wide by 235 cm high. Your poster should not exceed this size.
- Double-faced tape will be provided at the Poster Desk
- The white poster boards are arranged by topic. Detailed information on the assigned poster board for each author will be available at the Poster Desk located in the Poster Area.
Please note: Authors are advised to travel with their posters and not send them prior to their arrival at the conference venue. Authors are responsible for their posters and should not leave them unattended in the Poster Area before they are hung. The Union declines responsibility for any material lost or damaged onsite.
Thank you for presenting your research at the 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health. Your contribution to the scientific programme is very important, and we hope your experience will be both positive and stimulating.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS:
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org